How do I apply for a Certificate of Non-residence?
- Use the online form (only in Dutch): fill in the application form. Add a scan or photo of your identity document. Once you have completed the form, you can pay straight away online with iDeal. We'll sent the certificate to your home address within 5 working days.
- At the counter: make an appointment online. Be sure to bring your identity document with you to the Residents' Plaza. Pay by direct debit card (preferable) or in cash. The certificate will be issued to you there and then.
What does the certificate cost?
The certificate of non-residence costs 18 Euros.
What does the certificate contain?
There are two different versions of this certificate available:
- an international certificate (English, French or German) including name, date of deregistration in the Key Register of Persons, civil status;
- a Dutch extract including name, Individual Service Number and the address abroad.
Can I apply for the certificate on behalf of someone else?
Yes, you may also apply for the Certificate of Non-residence on behalf of your partner, if you are married or have a registered partnership, and for your children, if they are younger than 16 years. The people on whose behalf you are applying must live at the same address as you do.
If you are not married, or in a registered partnership, but would like to apply for a certificate for your partner, come to the appropriate counter. Bring the following items with you:
- an authorisation signed by your partner,
- a copy of his or her identity document,
- your own identity document.