Renting out rooms

Step by step

  1. Check whether you need a conversion permit.
  2. Check whether you need an additional environmental permit.
  3. Apply for the permit or permits.

Are you a home-owner and do you wish to convert the home you own into shared accommodation (rooms)? Or do wish to rent out one or more rooms in your home while you are still living in it (as a landlord or landlady)?  Apply for a conversion permit. For room rental, you will almost always require an environmental permit to use the home in breach of the zoning plan. You apply for this environmental permit use in breach zoning plan separately.

In the case of shared accommodation, tenants always share one or more facility, such as shower, toilet or kitchen. They have a joint entrance and don't have a personal number.