Notify your chosen municipality at least 2 weeks and no more than 1 year in advance.
If you wish to get married or enter into a civil partnership, you must notify your chosen municipality at least 2 weeks and no more than 1 year in advance.
For more information about how to notify the municipality, see ‘Announcing a marriage or civil partnership’.
There are various ways you can marry or enter into a civil partnership:
- Marriage / civil partnership (from € 447.50): seven days a week, in the Town Hall or another location, with guests and 2-4 witnesses;
- Basic marriage / civil partnership (€ 225): Tuesday mornings between 10.00 and 12.00 hours in a consulting room at the Municipal Offices ('Stadskantoor'), no guests, 2 witnesses;
- Free marriage / civil partnership: Tuesday mornings at 9.15 and 9.30 hours, in a consulting room at the Municipal Offices ('Stadskantoor'), no guests, 2 witnesses;
- Renewing your vows (from € 447.50): Partners can renew their vows to one another, for example to mark the 12.5 or 25th anniversary of their marriage or civil partnership.
- Information about marriage, cohabitation contract and civil partnership (Rijksoverheid)
- At www.zozijnwenietgetrouwd.nl there is a test that will help to determine the type of union that best suits your circumstances.
- At rechtwijzer.nl you will find further information about divorce.