Am I entitled to social welfare benefits?
That depends on your income, the composition of your family, any additional earnings and your own possessions. Based on all this, we determine whether you have enough money to live from. If you have a partner, his or her income will also be taken into account. Are you aged between 18 and 27 years? Do bear in mind that there is a search period of 4 weeks, in which you are required to give yourself 4 weeks to search for a job or training. That period starts on the day you submitted your request to the UVW. Only after these 4 weeks have elapsed, can you apply for benefits.
How do I apply for social welfare benefits?
You cannot apply directly to the municipality for benefits. The correct procedure is explained here:
- First, you must apply to werk.nl of the UWV. To do this, you will need your DigiD.
- Then you make an appointment with WIJeindhoven. A staff member there will help you find the best solution. For more information about WIJeindhoven, go to wijeindhoven.nl.
- Are benefits the best solution? The WIJeindhoven staff member will help you apply for benefits.
- As soon as you start receiving benefits, you will be allocated a contact at the municipality. This is the person you should keep informed about any changes in your situation, or whether you are going on holiday.
I am receiving social welfare benefits. What are my responsibilities?
You will find a list of the general rules and employment responsibilities while in receipt of social welfare benefits at rijksoverheid.nl. The main ones are listed below.
Looking for work
You must do everything you can to find work. That includes applying for jobs or taking part in training courses or workshops offered by the Participatiebedrijf. You can arrange these things with WIJeindhoven. For more information about WIJeindhoven, go to wijeindhoven.nl.
Make sure you stick to all the agreements you have with WIJeindhoven. That way you avoid having your benefits reduced.
Report any changes
Have there been changes in your, or your partner's, income, capital or living situation? If so, let your contact at the municipality know. You can do that by using the 'amendment form' that is sent to your home address. Make sure you attach all the documents required to the form. We will automatically send you a new amendment form.
If you have any questions about how to fill in the form, or about the change you're reporting, get in touch with us by phoning 14 040.
I'm going on holiday or I'm away from home for another reason. What should I do?
Are you going on holiday, or will you be away from home for another reason? Let us know about it. Download the form below (only in Dutch), complete it and sent it to the address on the form. Or hand it in to the counter at the Mercado building, Smalle Haven 109, Eindhoven. This is possible without an appointment on any weekday between 8.30 a.m. and 12.30. p.m.
Save the details about your holiday, such as the booking or plane tickets. Your contact at the municipality may require them.
When will the money be in my account?
On the 15th of the month. This may not be until the end of the day. Is the 15th on a weekend? The money will be in your account the Friday before. The benefits are post- paid. For example: you receive your benefits for August in July.
I've found temporary and/or part-time work. What will happen with my social welfare benefits now?
If your income is insufficient to live from, you will still receive social welfare benefits. We will supplement your earnings to the level of social welfare benefits. This means that the amount you receive in benefits can change after you find work.
You report your earnings from work to your contact at Uitkering (the benefit office). You will then receive a letter about your temporary 'income release', the part of your income which will not be deducted from your benefits. The income release is calculated and applied automatically. Are you 27 years or older? You will keep 25% of your income from work before deductions from your benefits. This will apply for a maximum of 6 months and up to 200 Euros a month.
Are you a single parent with children under 12 years of age?
You are entitled to a longer period of income release. Do you wish to make use of this extended period? Get in touch with your contact at Uitkering (the benefit office).
After the first 6 months, the following rules apply:
- You will be eligible for income release for a maximum of 30 months;
- You will keep 12.5% of your earnings during that period before deductions from your benefits.
- Your youngest child must be under 12 years of age;
- The income release is up to a maximum of 125.04 Euros a month.
Are you unable to work more hours on medical grounds?
The period of your eligibility for income release will be extended.
In such cases, after the first six months, we will release 15% of earnings before deductions from your benefits. This applies for a maximum of 126.82 Euros a month. Get in touch with your contact at Uitkering (the benefit office).
- It may be more favourable to have the 6-month period of income release start later. For example, if you are going to be working more hours in the future. Discuss this with your contact at Uitkering (the benefit office).
- Depending on your situation, the income release scheme could affect other supplements or a debt settlement. Do take this into account. Are you unsure whether this applies to your situation? Get in touch with your contact at Uitkering (the benefit office).
Can I get social welfare benefits if I am self-employed?
I still have some questions. Can I get in touch?
For questions about your benefits, phone us on 14 040. If necessary, you will be put through to your contact at the municipality. If they are not available, we will make an appointment to phone you back. This will be within 2 working days.
More information can be found in the folder below (only in Dutch).
- Folder bijstandsuitkering (92.47 KB)