Which extra costs will be reimbursed?
Special assistance is not intended to cover everyday expenses, such as rent or new clothes. It is also not intended for the payment of voluntary insurance premiums. The costs involved should be urgently needed by you, caused by special circumstances and impossible to pay by any other means.
Examples of extra expenses that will be partially, or wholly reimbursed:
- a contribution for legal aid;
- the costs of judicial administration and court fees;
- personal contribution towards dentures.
It may be that you receive only a partial reimbursement, and not the whole amount.
When am I eligible for special assistance?
- In order to be eligible for special assistance, your capital cannot be more than 6.020 Euros (in 2018) if you are single or 12.040 Euros (in 2018) if you are married, living together with a partner or in a family household.
- Residents with an income higher than the level of income support may be eligible for special assistance.
- Are you aged between 18 and 21 years? You will only be eligible if your parents are unable to help financially. This is due to your parents' legal responsibility to maintain you.
Wat is my capital?
Your capital is the equivalent of the value of all your possessions, when the value of all your debts has been deducted. Possessions might consist of savings, shares and bonds, antiques, cars, jewellery or property.
Calculate your entitlement
Would you like to know whether you are eligible for special assistance and other income schemes? Go to the Calculate your entitlement website.
How do I apply for special assistance?
Print the application form below (only in Dutch) and complete it. Sign the form, and send it (no stamp necessary) to the address on the form. We ask that you enclose copies of the following documents, for you and your partner, if relevant:
- a valid identity document;
- documents proving income;
- the most recent statements of all current and savings bank accounts;
- documents proving possessions and/or debts;
- an offer or invoice for the costs for which you are requesting special assistance.
If you have provided us with one or more of these documents in the last six months, and there has been no change in them in the meantime, you need only enclose the documents showing details of your income.
You can also hand in the form with the enclosures to the counter at Mercado, Smalle Haven 109 Eindhoven.
The application form tells you exactly which documents you should provide (only in Dutch).
- Aanvraagformulier Bijzondere bijstand (98.87 KB)
Is there someone who can help me with my application?
If you have difficulty completing the application form, ask someone you know to help you. If that isn't possible, you can get help from an independent client support official, at no charge.
If you are unable to print the form, we can send it to you by post. To arrange that, phone the municipality on 14 040.