When am I eligible for the Individual income supplement?
You are entitled to Individual income supplement if:
- you are 23 years or older, but have not yet reached the age of entitlement to a state pension;
- you have been living from a minimum income for at least 5 years in succession, before your application*;
- your capital at present amounts to no more than 6,020 Euros (in 2018) if you are single, or 12,040 Euros (in 2018) if you are married, living with a partner or in a family situation;
- you can prove that you have done your best to improve your income situation.
|Year||Single||Single parent||Married / living together|
|2012||15,706 Euros||19,586 Euros||20,452 Euros|
|2013||14,899 Euros||18,561 Euros||19,416 Euros|
|2014||15,007 Euros||18,734 Euros||19,495 Euros|
|2015||15,139 Euros||15,139 Euros||19,579 Euros|
|2016||15,343 Euros||15,343 Euros||19,838 Euros|
For 2017, the limit is a net minimum income of 937,19 Euros per month for singles/single parents and 1.338,54 for married couples/couple living together.
For 2018, the limit is a net minimum income of 942,51 Euros per month for singles/single parents and 1.346,45 for married couples/couple living together.
Calculate your entitlement
Would you like to know whether you are eligible for the Individual income supplement and other income schemes? You can check this yourself at the Calculate your entitlement website.
Spending the supplement
You can decide what you spend the supplement on, but it's a good idea to put some of it aside for any larger purchases you may need to make. If the fridge, washing machine or couch needs replacing, you'll be able to buy another one straight away.
What is the amount of the Individual income supplement?
The amount of the Individual income supplement differs, depending on whether you are single, a single parent or a couple, married or living together:
|Amount for all 2018|
|Single parent||608 Euros|
|Married couples or couples living together||664 Euros|
When do I hear whether I am to receive the Individual income supplement?
We will send you a letter, within 8 weeks of our receipt of your complete application. The letter will tell you whether or not you are eligible for Individual income supplement. Make sure you provide all the information required, in order to prevent any delay in the handling of your application.
How do I apply for the Individual income supplement?
Print the application form (only in Dutch) below and complete it. Sign it and send it, enclosing the documents required, to the freepost number on the form.
Enclose copies of the following documents for your and your partner, if you have one:
• a valid identity document (not a driving licence);
• your annual statements from the last 5 calendar years;
• documents proving income from 1 January 2017;
• the most recent statements of all current and savings bank accounts.
The application form tells you exactly which documents you should provide.
You can also hand in the form (only in Dutch) with the enclosures to the counter at Mercado, Smalle Haven 109 Eindhoven.
- Aanvraagformulier Individuele inkomenstoeslag (103.41 KB)
Is there someone who can help me with my application?
If you have difficulty completing the application form (only in Dutch), ask someone you know to help you. If that isn't possible, you can get help from an independent client support official, at no charge.
If you are unable to print the form, we can send it to you by post. To arrange that, phone the municipality on 14 040.