Are you moving to Eindhoven from abroad? Take a look at the page Moving from abroad and find out what you need to do to register.
In the case of moving to an institution or care home, the rules are different. Below, you can read about how to report such a move, and what you will need.
What will I need when reporting the move?
If you are moving to an owner-occupied or rented house, you need no specific documents. Are you moving in with someone else, or planning on living together with someone? You will need the following items:
- A copy of the identity document of the owner/main occupant;
- a written declaration of consent from the owner/main occupant. You can use the declaration below for this.
Who is authorised to report the move?
- You can report a move if you are over 16 years of age.
- You can report a move by your parents or children if they live at the same address. You can also report a move for your partner if you are married or have a registered partnership.
- You can report a move for someone else if they have authorised you to do so.
- A trustee will report your move for you if you are currently in receivership.
Do you wish to report a move by a company or institution? Send an e-mail to email@example.com mentioning the new address and the number of your registration with the KvK (Chamber of Commerce). Don't forget to inform the Chamber of Commerce of the move.
What happens after I have reported my change of address?
The move will be immediately processed in the Key Register of Persons (BRP). If you are moving to Eindhoven from another municipality, the data will be transferred overnight and you will be registered by the day after. As soon as you are registered with us, you will automatically be deregistered at the other municipality. You will receive a letter of confirmation within 5 working days after the moving date.
The following organisations will be informed by us after we have processed your move:
- Centraal administratiekantoor (CAK)
- Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO) (formerly IB Group)
- Rijdienst voor het Wegverkeer (RDW)
- de Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB)
Making a mistake in the report
Have you made a mistake in the report of your move? Tell us about it in a brief letter. Write which details were mistaken and what the correct details should be. Send this letter to: Gemeente Eindhoven, attention of College van B&W, Postbus 90150, 5600 RB Eindhoven.
Deliberately reporting false information can result in a fine of up to 325 Euros (administrative penalty).
Can I also report the move by post or at the counter?
Yes, certainly. Would you like to report your move at the counter? Make an appointment and pop in to the Residents' Plaza.
Would you rather do this by post? Complete the online form (only in Dutch). Print the completed form and send it, together with any documents required, to Gemeente Eindhoven, afdeling BEO, Postbus 90150, 5600 RB Eindhoven. Your move will be processed within 5 working days.
Would you prefer to report your move at the counter or by post? You will need the following items:
- a valid identity document;
- a rental or purchase contract for your new home.
If you are moving in with someone else, or planning on living together with someone, you will also need:
- a copy of the identity document of the owner/main occupant;
- a written declaration of consent from the owner/main occupant. You can use the declaration below for this (only in Dutch).
I am moving to a care home. How do I report that?
Are you moving to a care home or other institution? Please indicate whether you would prefer to be registered at the address of the care home or at a correspondence address of your choice.
Registration at the address of the care home/institution
You can report the move to an institution to us either in person or in writing. What you will need:
- The 'moving to a care home or institution' form (only in Dutch), completed and signed. Complete the form online, print and sign it.
- A copy of your identity document.
Registration at a correspondence address
Your correspondence address is the address at which you are registered and which is known to all relevant organisations. All your correspondence is sent to this address. This means that no organisation is aware of the fact that you are resident elsewhere, not even the municipality where you are registered.
If you would like a correspondence address with someone who lives in another municipality, request the correspondence address at that municipality. You will then be registered there and deregistered here. All your municipal matters will be dealt with there from that moment.
If you are registering at a correspondence address in Eindhoven, you will need the following items:
- The 'moving to a care home or institution' form (only in Dutch), completed and signed. Complete the form online, print and sign it. Take note: You need this form only when requesting a correspondence address. We will register the correspondence address, and not the address of the care home, in our systems.
- A copy of your identity document.
- The consent form for the main occupant of the correspondence address (only in Dutch) in which he/she declares their consent, completed and signed.
- A copy of the identity document of the main occupant at that address.
Hand in all the documents at the counter in the Residents' Plaza on any working day between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. or send them to: Gemeente Eindhoven, Postbus 90150, 5600 RB Eindhoven.