In which situations do I need to have my signature legalised?
You need to have your signature legalised if:
- An organisation or company such as a government department or embassy asks you to.
- You have to send off a document, and you would rather not send the Original.
- You are standing as guarantor for someone coming to the Netherlands on a visa. In this case, if you are married, or are in a registered partnership, your partner's signature must also be legalised.
What should I bring with me when legalising a signature?
Bring with you to the counter:
- The document you wish to sign in the presence of a council official.
- Your identity document (passport, identity card or driving licence).
- Your bank debit card (or cash). You pay immediately when you apply.
What does it cost to legalise a signature?
Legalising your signature costs 10.50 Euros.