- Is this the first time you have moved to Eindhoven? Please make an appointment. To do so, phone 14 040 or, from outside The Netherlands, +31 40 2386000.
- Have you previously been registered in The Netherlands and did you leave before 1994? In that case too, make an appointment by phoning 14 040 or, from outside The Netherlands, +31 40 2386000.
- Have you previously been registered in The Netherlands and did you leave after 1994? In that case you can pop in to the Residents' Plaza without an appointment, any working day between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Is your nationality other than Dutch and are you arriving from a country which is not a member of the EU? In that case, phone the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) at 0900 - 123 4561.
Have you applied for asylum? You will not be eligible for registration in the municipal administration during the first 6 months, if you are living in an asylum seekers’ or reception centre.
Which items do I need to bring when I want to register?
When you come to the Residents' Plaza to register, bring with you the following items:
- a valid passport. EU residents may also use an identity card. If you have Dutch nationality, you have to show your Dutch passport or identity card;
- original documents of events which took place abroad, such as marriage or divorce, births of your children, adoption, custody, acknowledgement of a child or death. For example: marriage, birth or death certificates;
- the rental or purchase contract of the home you are buying or renting;
- if you are arriving here from Belgium, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustatius or Saba, also bring proof of your deregistration with you.
Are you moving in with someone else, or planning on living together with someone? You will need the following items:
- a copy of the valid identity document of the owner/main occupant;
- a written declaration of consent from the owner/main occupant.
Depending on the country of your residence at present, we can request extra information and supporting documents.
Documents from abroad often have to be authenticated. For more information about authenticating documents, see rijksoverheid.nl.