When you come to register, bring with you the following items:
- A valid passport. EU residents may also use an identity card.
- Document(s) from the IND if applicable.
- Original documents of events which took place abroad, such as marriage or divorce, births of your children.
- The rental or purchase contract of the home you are buying or renting. Or if you are you moving in with someone, a written declaration of consent from the owner/main occupant. You can use the declaration 'landlord's letter of consent' for this (only in Dutch) and a copy of his/her identity document.
If you are arriving here from Belgium, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustatius or Saba, also bring proof of your deregistration with you.
Depending on the country of your residence at present, we can request extra information and supporting documents. Documents from abroad often have to be authenticated. Go for more information about authenticating documents to rijksoverheid.nl.
Who is authorised to register at the municipality?
You can register on your own if you are over 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, you will need written permission from your parent/supervisor. Bring this letter with original signature and a copy of his / her identity document with you.
What happens after I have registered?
Your registration will be immediately processed in the system. Within 5 working days you will receive a letter of confirmation, containing also your BSN (Citizen Service Number)
The following organisations will be informed about your registration:
- The tax authority
- The Central Administration Office (CAK)
- Implementation of Education Service (DUO) (formerly IB Group)
- Pension Fund
- The Dutch Vehicle Authority (RDW)
- The Social Insurance Bank (SVB)
- Health insurers
It is up to you to inform other relevant organisations. We wish you a wonderful, inspiring time in Eindhoven.