Report neighbourhood nuisance using the app
You can quickly and easily report recurrent neighbourhood nuisance with this app. You can pass photos, sound clips and location. The report will be sent automatically to either the municipality or the housing association. They will contact you about possible follow-up steps.
Download app for Apple
Download app for Android
Video: how does the neighbourhood nuisance work
The video explains how the app works, in Dutch. To translate the subtitles to English (or another language) you can click on the Youtube settings.
Where should I report criminal acts?
Phone the police on 0900 8844. In case of emergency, phone 112.
If you suspect the existence of a cannabis farm, phone the police on 0900 8844, BITE on 14 040 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Would you rather keep the report anonymous? You can do that through Meld Misdaad Anoniem (report crime anonymously): 0800 7000.
What do I need when reporting a nuisance?
Our Advice and Contact point needs the following information:
- the address of the premises causing the nuisance;
- a description of the type of nuisance;
- the time and duration of the nuisance;
- your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
The contact point will deal with your details in confidence. Your personal details will be made known only to the contact point, whose staff use these details only to get in touch with you.
What will be done with my report?
- A member of staff at the contact point will get in touch with you within 3 days of you reporting the nuisance. They will discuss your report with you. The staff member may ask for additional information.
- The contact point will then forward your report to the relevant organisation.
- The contact point checks that your report is being dealt with properly.
- Once your report has been dealt with, the contact point will get in touch with you again to check if you are satisfied with how your report was dealt with.