Furthermore, you can get in touch directly with Handhaving (City Surveillance) for many kinds of report. They can also be reached outside office hours. You can find more information about this below.
Can I enclose documentary evidence with my report?
Yes, certainly. If you report an issue through the BuitenBeter app, you have the option of sending a photo or location too. If you use the form on our website, you can send an attachment with it.
I have a question about my report
In that case, you should phone us on 14 040. Did you make your report using the online form? If so, you will have received confirmation of our receipt of it. That confirmation contains a report number. It's useful to keep this report number handy when you get in touch with us.
How do I get in touch with Handhaving?
You can get in touch with Handhaving in any of the following ways:
- By Phone
- during office hours: 14040
- outside office hours: 0900-8844
They can be reached on the following days and at the following times:
- Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9.30 p.m.
- Fridays from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturdays from 8.30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sundays from 8.30 a.m. to 9.30 p.m.
You can report complaints about problems in your neighbourhood to the people at Handhaving. Many Handhaving staff members are authorised to issue fines. This might be for unleashed dogs, not clearing up dog waste, cars parked wrongly or for too long, waste containers left on the pavement for too long, vandalism etc.
How do I report using the Buiten Beter app?
- Make a clear picture with your Phone and save it.
- Describe the problem and the location. The app knows the GPS-location, so reporting at the location is the easiest way. Otherwise mention street and number, or some other point of recognition.
- Choose the subject from the list.
- Describe the problem and what you expect us to do in 140 characters.
- Send the report.
- Your report will be send directly to the muncipality.
- We will report back at you when you leave your email address.