How much does a City Pass cost?
A new pass costs:
- 5 Euros if you apply using your DigiD code.
- 8 Euros if you apply without DigiD code, by post or at the counter.
The City Pass is free to newborn babies and new residents of Eindhoven. And if you previously lived in Eindhoven, you can still use your old City Pass. You no longer have the old pass? Apply for a new one.
What can I use the City Pass for?
There are various uses for the City Pass:
Residents of 16 years or older can use the City Pass to gain access to the waste recycling point and the underground refuse containers. For more information about refuse, go to cure-afvalbeheer.nl.
You can use the City Pass as follows:
How do I apply for a new City Pass?
If it has been lost or stolen, you can apply for a new City Pass. You may also apply for the City Pass on behalf of your children, if they still live at your address, and for your partner if you are married or registered partners.
If you had products on your old pass (such as a bulk pass for swimming pools or city parking) these will also be available on the new pass.
Apply online using DigiD
- Complete the online application form (only in Dutch). First log in with your DigiD.
- You can pay directly online.
Apply online without DigiD
- Transfer 8 Euros for each pass being requested to bank account number NL25 INGB 0001 0960 58 in the name of 'Publiekszaken Eindhoven-DVL/PRS'. Specify the surnames and dates of birth of the persons the passes are for.
- Make sure you have proof of payment; a bank statement, for example.
- Scan the identity documents of the persons you are requesting the pass for.
- Complete the online form apply for a City Pass without DigiD (only in Dutch) and e-mail including the attachments.
Apply at the counter
- Just pop in at the Inwonersplein during opening times. On Monday between 9 a.m and 7 p.m. On Tuesday till Thursday between 9 a.m. and 4.30 p.m.
- Bring with you an identity document, or a photocopy of it, for the persons you are requesting a City Pass for.
- Pay for the pass or passes by direct debit card (preferable) or in cash.
When will I receive my City Pass?
Your City Pass will be sent to you home address. This takes between 3 and 5 working days. If you live abroad, it can take up to 14 days. On receipt, fix an identity photo to your City Pass. It is then ready to use.
Is the expiry date mentioned on my City Pass correct?
No, a City Pass has no expiry date. The expiry date mentioned on City Passes from 2013 and earlier is no longer valid. Have you thrown away your City Pass? Apply for a new one.
Can I get a temporary pass for the underground containers?
Yes, certainly, if you have a house in Eindhoven for less than 4 months and you are not registered here. Such a pass is not issued automatically, you must apply to Cure for it.
To do so, you will need:
- A letter or e-mail from the owner of the house, stating that he pays, or is willing to pay, waste collection charges.
- The number of people living in the house.
- The date they moved into the house.
Once you have gathered all the requirements together, you can phone Cure on 14 040, and choose the option ‘waste’.
The temporary pass is not valid for use at the waste recycling point.
My City Pass hasn't arrived. What should I do?
What you should do, in the event you haven't received a City Pass, depends on the circumstances:
I'm new to Eindhoven (birth or new resident)
Has it been more than 10 days since you notified the Municipality of Eindhoven of the birth or relocation to the city, and you still haven't received your pass? Please phone us at 14 040 or get in touch through the contact form. We will check the information and make sure that a City Pass is sent to your home address.
I lived in Eindhoven previously
Then you won't be issued a new City Pass. You can still use the old one. You no longer have the old pass? Apply for a new one. Have you lived in Eindhoven for longer than one month and a City Pass has been processed in our systems? In this situation too, apply for a new one.
I've ordered a replacement City Pass
Have you applied, and paid, for a new City Pass but not received it? Please notify us by e-mail within 1 month and we will send you a new pass free of charge. Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Give your name, your address and attach proof of payment of the City Pass.
My City Pass isn't working. What should I do?
If your City Pass isn't working for one of the products you have loaded, get in touch with the supplier (Ir. Ottenbad, Tongelreep, Stadsparkeren, Lock 'n Go or Cure). They will be able to solve the problem, generally by reactivating your pass for that particular product. If, after that, your pass still doesn't work, it's probably defect. In that case, apply for a new one.