Recognition of parentage

Are you, as the future parents, unmarried and not in a registered partnership? As father, or mother who did not give birth to the child, you can recognise the child. With this, you take on parentage of a child. Make an appointment if you are both of Dutch nationality.

Step by step

  1. Make an appointment.
  2. Come to Residents' Plaza (Inwonersplein) and bring the necessary documents with you.
  3. During the appointment, you will recognise parentage of the child.
  4. Is this the first child you are recognising? You choose the surname too.
  5. A member of our staff will draw up a deed of recognition of parentage.

Lees meer over duo-moeders en het ouderschap op