Choosing the date
Check the calendar below to see if your preferred date/time is available, and make the reservation. Once you have done that, you both must complete an 'Announcement' (Aankondiging). We need to receive these within 3 working days of you reserving your date and time. If not, we will release the date and time. As soon as we have received both 'Aankondigingen', we will send you written confirmation. Only then are the time and date officially reserved for you.
The date for the wedding or partnership registration can be booked no less than 2 weeks and no more than 1 year in advance. This period starts from the moment we receive the announcements. So, the date should be at least 14 days from today plus the number of days needed for delivery.
Do make sure you enter the names in the calendar exactly as they appear on your identity document. Changing or cancelling the reserved date can only be done personally at the counter at Residents' Plaza.
- Calender wedding/partnership ceremony in Town Hall
- You will arrange a wedding/partnership with a ceremony on a different location with that location itself. In the 'Announcement' (Aankondiging), you indicate the location, the date and the time.
- Calender no-frills wedding/partnership
- Calender no-charge wedding/partnership
Choosing a different location
Do you wish to marry at a location other than the Town Hall (Stadhuis)? Below you find a list of Eindhoven locations that have been granted a licence for a year.
Locations with a license for 2019:
- Het Ketelhuis on Landgoed De Grote Beek grounds
- Sandton Eindhoven Centre
- De Mispellhoef
- Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven
- Groendomein Wasven
- Restaurant het Ketelhuis Eindhoven VOF
- Fifth NRE
- Van Abbemuseum
- Oude Rechtbank
- Piet Hein Eek Restaurant
Locations with a license for 2020:
Did you have another location in mind? Ask the municipality to designate your chosen location as a wedding location for one day. The fee for this is 150 Euros. The location must meet the requirements.
Fill in the details on the screen, print the application and send it to Gemeente Eindhoven, Afdeling PC/BEO, cluster huwelijken, Postbus 90150, 5600 RB Eindhoven.
Requirements for a wedding location
The location must meet the following conditions:
- The location is in Eindhoven.
- The location is public and accessible to everyone, including the disabled.
- The location is available at the times stipulated in the regulations of the Civil Register.
- The location is safe. The owner/manager of the location is responsible for fire safety, and any necessary licences and insurance. Your request for a wedding location may be sent to the Fire Brigade for an inspection into fire safety at the location. The Fire Brigade will decide whether extra measures need to be taken at the location to ensure safety.
- There are sanitary facilities, also for the disabled.
- There is a separate room where the Registrar can prepare for the ceremony.
- The ceremony may be carried out in the open air, as long as there is also a covered location available, in the event of bad weather.
- If a tent is to be used in a public space, a permit is required. The permit should be submitted along with the application for the location.
- A church building which is still used as a church cannot be designated as a municipal wedding location.
- If a boat is to be used, it must be accessible for embarking and disembarking, for everyone. The boat must be moored at an embarkation point or at a berth.
- The choice of location is not inconsistent with the public order or decency.
- Smoking is prohibited during the wedding/partnership ceremony.
- The owner or manager must give prior consent for the use of the location for a wedding/partnership ceremony.
- The municipality is not responsible for the furnishing, decorating or maintenance of the location.
How can I have my location/premises be designated a wedding location the whole year through?
If your premises or location meets the conditions mentioned above, you can apply to have them designated a wedding location for a year. This costs 500 Euros a year. The invoice will be sent to you on receipt and approval of your application.
Go to the Trouwlocatie aanvragen. Complete the application on the screen, print it out and send it to Gemeente Eindhoven, cluster huwelijken, Postbus 90150, 5600 RB Eindhoven.
In response to your application, the Fire Brigade may decide to inspect the location to see whether extra measures need to be taken to ensure safety.