How do I request or cancel confidentiality?
You can switch the confidentiality on or off yourself, online. Use the online form Confidentiality of personal details. Log in using DigiD and complete the form in the screen.
In writing or in person
You can also request or cancel the confidentiality in person or in writing. Print the form below (Dutch only) and complete it.
- In person: hand in the form at the counter at Residents’ Plaza. Please bring your valid passport or identity card.
- In writing: send the form, together with a copy of your valid passport or identity card, to the address stated on the form.
- Formulier Geheimhouding persoonsgegevens (625.28 KB)
If you submit the request or cancellation online or at the counter, it will be processed immediately. If you submit the request or cancellation in writing, the processing will take a maximum of 3 working days.
Do I have to explain why I am requesting confidentiality?
No, you do not have to explain why you are requesting confidentiality.
Can I request confidentiality on behalf of my children?
Yes, you can request confidentiality for yourself and your under-age children. If your child is no longer a minor, they must request confidentiality on their own behalf.
What happens if I move house?
If you move within Eindhoven or to another municipality, the confidentiality of your details will remain active. You do not have to request it again.
Which details are recorded in the BRP and how can I view them?
The BRP contains details such as your forenames, surname, gender and Citizen Service Number (BSN). It also contains information about your civil status, your parents, child or children, voting rights and travel document. Go to rijksoverheid.nl to see exactly what is recorded in the BRP.
You can also view your recorded details in person at the appropriate counter at Residents' Plaza. This can be done any weekday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Make an appointment for this. Please bring a valid identity document with you.
Which organisations are provided with my details?
If I request confidentiality, does that mean that no organisation will be provided with my details?
No. There are some organisations, such as the tax authority and pension funds which need your details in order to carry out their legal duties. These organisations are provided with your details, even though you have requested confidentiality.
The following organisations will not be provided with your details, if you have requested confidentiality:
- SILA (the foundation for inter-church membership records);
- organisations which provide care to patients in a care home;
- organisations which carry out judicial activities, such as a trustee or lawyer;
- organisations to which a municipality would wish to provide personal details based on a municipal regulation, for example a sports club or a good cause, such as the Red Cross (het Rode Kruis).
Can I see who has been provided with my details?
Yes, certainly. You can ask the municipality for a list. The list will be sent to you, free of charge, within a few weeks.