How do I apply for a Certificate of Non-residence?
- Use the online form (only in Dutch): fill in the application form. Add a scan or photo of your identity document. Once you have completed the form, you can pay straight away online with iDeal. We'll sent the certificate to your home address within 5 working days.
- At the counter: make an appointment online. Be sure to bring your identity document with you to the Residents' Plaza. Pay by direct debit card (preferable) or in cash. The certificate will be issued to you there and then.
Do you want to change the address you’re registered with in the Register of Non-residents? Complete the form below, print it and put your signature on it. Send the form, together with a scan of your identity document, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the central government’s KopieID app to prevent fraud. For more information about the KopieID app and how to send a copy of your identity document securely go to rijksoverheid.nl (only in Dutch).
Change address in the non-residents register
What does the certificate cost?
The certificate of non-residence costs 18 Euros.
What does the certificate contain?
There are 5 different versions of this certificate available:
|Dutch extract||Name, Individual Service Number and your address abroad|
|Dutch extract with historical addresses (from 1994 onwards)||Name, Individual Service Number, your current address abroad and all your historical addresses (from 1994 onwards)|
|International certificate (English, French or German)||Name, date of deregistration in the Key Register of Persons, civil status|
|International certificate (Spanish, Italian, Turkish)||Name, date of deregistration in the Key Register of Persons, civil status|
|Other||Do you need information other than the standard certificate? Please let uw know which information should be mentioned on the certificate and the reason for needing it.|
Did you move abroad before the 1st of October 1994? You can only apply for a certificate af the municipality of The Hague. (only in Dutch).
Can someone else apply for the certificate on my behalf?
Certainly. You can authorise anyone you choose to apply for a Certificate of Non-residence on your behalf. The authorised person comes to the appropriate counter (after making an appointment, with the following items:
- an authorisation signed by you,
- a copy of your identity document,
- his or her own identity document.
Can I apply for the certificate for someone else?
Certainly. Your child or partner can authorise you to apply for a Certificate of Non-residence. Make an appointment, come to the appropriate counter, with the following items:
- a copy of their identity document,
- an authorisation signed by your partner of child.
If you want to apply for a certificate for your child (younger than 16). Make an appointment, come to the appropriate counter, with the following items:
- your child’s birth certificate (showing your name as one of the parents);
- a copy of their identity document.