Where in Eindhoven can I charge my vehicle extra fast?
You can charge your vehicle extra fast at what are known as rapid charging points.There are 3 rapid charging points in Eindhoven:
- at McDonalds, Noord-Brabantlaan
- at the Van der Valk Hotel, Aalsterweg
- at the Torenallee 20 (Strijp-S)
There is no charging point in my neighbourhood. Can I request one?
You have, or will soon have, an electric vehicle but there is no charging point in your neighbourhood? We grant permits for the installation of charging points to companies which place and operate them. You can request the charging point from them. We are currently working with 3 companies:
How do I apply?
The application for and installation of a charging point are free of charge. The entire procedure for placing a charging point usually takes between 3 and 6 months to complete.
- Apply for a charging point.
- The company you have chosen will decide on a location and check the technical feasibility, visibility and presence of other charging points at the location.
- The company will notify us of the ideal location. We take a traffic decision and publish this.
- Local residents then have 6 weeks in which to lodge an objection against this traffic decision.
- It will take longer if any objections are lodged against the traffic decision.How much longer that will be depends on the progress of the objection procedure.
- If there is no objection, the grid operator will get to work. The location for the charging point will be connected to the grid within 18 weeks.
- As soon as the connection is completed, the charging point will be installed.
Which conditions have to be met for the application?
- A public charging point will not be placed if you have the option of placing a charging point on your own grounds (on the driveway, for example).
- If you live in an apartment complex with its own car park, you can purchase your own charging point.You can arrange this through the owners' association (Vereniging van Eigenaren).
- If there is already a public charging point within a radius of 300 metres of your home, an extra charging point will only be placed if the existing one is often unavailable. In that case, apply for a new charging point as described above. We will then assess whether the existing charging points are so often in use that an extra one is desirable.
The charging point in my neighbourhood is often unavailable. How do I report that?
There are 1 or 2 parking spaces reserved at each public charging point for electric vehicles being charged. Are you unable to make use of one of the public charging points? Apply for an extra charging point to be installed. See the heading 'There is no charging point in my neighbourhood. Can I request one?'.
Which rules apply to parking at a charging point?
The parking space at a public charging point is reserved for charging an electric vehicle. That means you may only park there while you are charging your electric vehicle.
If the charging point is in a paid parking or permit holders area, then the regulations also apply to the parking space at the charging point: you either have to pay for parking, or you must have a parking permit. In the event of parking violations or incorrect use of the charging point, the municipality may well issue a fine.